WARCnet kickoff meeting
Aarhus University, Denmark
4-6 May 2020
If you want to participate in the kickoff meeting for the research network 'WARCnet: Web ARChive studies network researching web domains and events' please sign up here.
Monday: Keynote by Matthew S. Weber, Associate Professor in the Hubbard School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Minnesota
Tuesday: Keynote by Ian Milligan, Associate Professor, Department of History at University of Waterloo.
We welcome four kinds of participants:
- participants who are already a member of the network (that is were part of the application)
- participants who are not a member of the network, but would like to apply for a free seat for the project meeting in Aarhus, including keynotes (all expenses covered)
- participants who are not a member of the network, but would like to pay a fee to participate in the project meeting in Aarhus, including keynotes (covering expenses themselves)
- participants who are not a member of the network, and who will only attend one or both of the two keynote presentations
Free seats: A limited number of free seats is available for participants who are not a member of the network. If you want to apply for a free seat it is mandatory to submit a very brief application text (max. 5 lines) that states how participation in the network will be of help to you and how you can contribute to the network. When allocating free seats we will prioritise early career scholars and scholars who cannot get expenses covered by their institution.
Keynote presentations: 80 seats are available, and they are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Deadline for registration:
- network members, free seats, and participation with a fee: 26 February 2020, 12:00 CET.
- attendance, keynote presentations: 15 April 2020, 12:00 CET
The kickoff meeting will take place at Aarhus University Conference Centre, Fredrik Nielsens Vej 2-4 (Monday-Tuesday), and The Department of Media and Journalism Studies, Helsingforsgade 14 (Wednesday).
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the project coordinator Niels Brügger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARCnet is funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark | Humanities (grantnr. 9055-00005B).