Inspiration day for AU ENG Assistant Professors
This event for all assistant professors at the Department of Engineering at Aarhus University is an opportunity to meet and share our work experiences at AU, and to hear success stories from our senior colleagues on various subjects including tenure requirements at ENG, how to manage your research and teaching, and about available funding opportunities.
This event is also an opportunity to share ideas with the section/department management.
- 8:00-8:15 Registration
- 8:15-8:30 Welcoming, plan and survey results (Ramin Aghababaei)
- 8:30-9:30 Engineering Department strategies about assistant professors, tenure criteria, future hiring and new bachelor programs (Thomas Toftegaard)
- 9:30-10:00 Coffee break and cross-section communication
- 10:00-10:30 Sharing personal experiences: successes and failures (Martjin Heck)
- 10:30-11:00 TBA
- 11:00-12:00 Round-table discussion about improvement opportunities at Engineering Department
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch
- 13:00-15:00 Funding opportunities for engineering fields: What, where and how?
- 13:00-13:30 Presentation from Research Support Office (Louise Godt)
- 13:30 -14:00 EU and DFF funds (Anders Bentien)
- 14:00-14:15 break
- 14:15-14:45 Innovation funds (Rune Jacobsen)
- 14:45 -15:15 Industrial PhDs and Postdocs (Kenny Sørensen)
- 15:15-15:30 Closing words