Call for Papers
We now invite submissions for SALC VII, The 7th Conference of The Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition
The conference will take place at the School of Communication and Culture, Aarhus University, Denmark, May 22nd – 24th, 2019
See conference web page: http://events.au.dk/SALC7
Confirmed plenary speakers:
Morten Christiansen (Cornell University, Ithaca)
Judith Holler (Max Planck Institute, Nijmegen)
Sean Roberts (University of Bristol, UK)
Sophie Scott (UCL, London)
Alexander Huth (University of Texas, Austin)
Ewa Dabrowska (University of Birmingham, UK)
We invite abstracts for theme sessions, oral presentations and posters (see below) related to, but not limited to, the following topics in the area of Language and Cognition:
- Language use and social interaction
- Linguistic relativity
- Language and culture
- Discourse and cognition
- Perception, cognition and language
- Language acquisition and cognition
- Language and cognitive development and evolution
- Language and consciousness
- Language and gesture
- Language change and cognition
- Linguistic typology and cognition
- Multicultural communication and cognition
- Neuro- and psycholinguistic approaches to language and cognition
- Translation and cognition
- Cognitive impairment and language use
- Theme sessions
Submissions should include:
- Session title, name and affiliation of session convener, and an introduction of up to 400 words introducing the theme.
- All abstracts to be included in the theme session. Papers should be thematically linked. The time allocation per paper is 20 mins. followed by 5 mins for discussion. The session can be concluded with a general discussion.
- Theme session conveners should indicate whether they wish abstracts to be considered as individual presentations (oral or poster), in case the session is not accepted as a whole.
- Deadline: November 1st 2018
- Please note that the theme session proposal and the relevant papers must be uploaded as individual abstract on our EasyChair page. Please write explicitly on the theme session proposals the names of the individual abstract that are associated with the theme session, and make sure to select the theme session category for both the proposal and the individual papers.
- Oral presentations
- Submissions should include: title, name, affiliation, 400-word abstract (excluding references). The time allocation is 20 mins. for the oral presentation followed by 5 mins for discussion.
- Deadline: December 1st, 2018
- Poster presentations
- Submissions should include: title, name, affiliation, 400-word abstract (excluding references).
- Deadline: December 1st, 2018
Please submit your abstract or theme session proposal using the link below:
When submitting your abstract or theme section proposal, please indicate the type of submission you are making (theme session, oral presentation or poster presentation) both in the abstract/ proposal text and in the submission form by ticking the appropriate category in the "Type of submission" field.
For general enquiries, please contact us at SALC7@cc.au.dk
- Theme session proposal deadline: November 1st 2018
- Notification of acceptance of theme sessions: November 15th 2018
- Submission deadline for oral presentations and posters: December 1st 2018
- Notification of acceptance of oral presentations and posters: February 15th 2019
- Deadline for early registration: April 1st 2019
- Deadline for registration: May 22nd 2019
The main goal of SALC is to promote the study of the relationship between language and cognition both in the Nordic countries and more generally. This involves any type of research in which language is not treated in isolation, but as based on structures and processes of general cognition and social cognition, and as affecting such structures and processes. The conference is intended to be a forum for cooperation and exchange of ideas between disciplines, fields of study and theoretical frameworks for the study of language and cognition. See also http://www.salc-sssk.org